Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sorry In N Out, I Found A Better Burger.....


I feel like I've cheated on my girl friend or something but it's true, I've found a better burger.  For years I've been exclusive with In N Out's Animal Style Cheeseburgers, Animal Style Fries, and Neopolitan Milk Shakes.  Alas, I strayed once and that was all it took.

For the record I hate fast food burgers.  In N Out was my one exception to the rule.  The grilled onions, special sauce, and cheese had won me over.  But then my brother took me to Danny's Donut House and Mexican Food in Caruthers, CA. 

Their burgers are fantastic and unlike In N Out their fries don't have to be slathered in cheese, sauce, and grilled onions to make them good.  I don't know why Danny's is better.  I think the meat quality is a little bit better which is hard to say since In N Out is the gold standard for quality.  I think what really sets them apart is the home made hamburger buns they use.  They are the best hamburger buns I have ever had.  There is also the portion size.  The burgers are huge as you can see in the pictures.

They also load the burgers up with several tomatos, lettuce, onions, and pickles.  No skimping on anything with this burger!

In fact, everything is good at this place.  The mexican food is great and the donuts are also great.  I particularly like the apple fritters.  I don't normally eat donuts and by normally I mean that I never eat donuts.  The staff at Danny's Donuts is also super friendly.  Their dining room is surprisingly big, the resturant is very clean, and overall it is a great experience every time I go.

Danny's has ruined me to eating burgers anywhere else.  I can't make them at home as good as Danny's.  Even when In N Out was king I could still occassionally eat a burger at another resturant.  Not anymore.  There are no other burgers besides Danny's.  I have a real problem now.

Danny's is not a short drive away but I find myself making the drive a couple times each month.  Did I mention I think I have a problem?  Their real ice cream chocolate shakes are also really good.  Also, their fountain drinks aren't overloaded with ice and they fill them to the very top of the cup. 

I'm stressing right now because the burgers are so good and I want one right now!!!!!

This is the first time I've had pictures taken of me eating anything so you can be assured that I really do have a problem.  Is there a support group out there for someone addicted to Danny's Donuts?
Look at the size of that burger!
Thank's Danny's for my new massive weight gain! 

1 comment:

Stephanie :) said...

I feel for you! Josh took me there once and burgers really aren't the same!