Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm no expert, but.......

I don't know a lot about Tsunamis but with all the recent earthquake activity there has been more information in the news.  Last Saturday after the Chilean earthquake we even had a Tsunami alert for the coast of California, although the worst that happened here was some minor problems in southern California in a harbor or two when the water went out leaving some bouys in the mud.
So with my relative inexperience with Tsunamis and really not living anywhere near where one might cause me a problem, I was a little confused when I came across this picture of a Tsunami warning sign.  It would seem to me that the thing to do during a Tsunami would be to run away from the beach.  I realize that the beach is a great place and being from the state where the hit television show "Babewatch" was filmed, I can certainly understand the popularity of going to the beach but still, I don't think the sign should be advising people to run to the water.  But I'm no expert.....

No comments: