Sunday, March 21, 2010

Worst Movie Ever

I love this book.  It is one of my favorites from when I was a kid and I read it to my own children all the time.  The older ones know it word for word and the younger children can say some of the lines.  It is a magical story that plays on fantasy and imagination.

The Movie on the other hand is terrible.  We rented it and I made it about half way through before I walked out of the room.  The movie ruined the magic and fantasy of the book.  The Max in the movie is a spoiled brat.  I would seriously consider child abuse on this kid.  His mother is pathetic and brings her boyfriend over to dinner which causes Max to act out.  She's drinking wine in the other room and he just wants some attention which he obviously doesn't get as a latchkey kid.  His sister is neglectful as well.  Dad?  Well he's off somewhere doing who knows what.

The wild things are stupid in this movie.  They look like rejects from HR Puffin Stuff and Sigmund the Sea Monster. 
Yea this movie is that bad.  I am mad that they ruined my favorite story book for children with this horrible movie.  I hope the creators of this horrible movie burn in heck because the other place is too good for them.  At least Sid and Marty Kroft made a decent Saturday morning television show back in the day.

I just don't want a repeat of that for a great book!

No comments: