Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Chrismahannakwanzica!

Yes, it's hard to believe another year is nearly over.  There is nothing I dread more as the year winds down than the constant playing of asinine holiday music non stop starting the day after Halloween.  And the music that is considered classics today is simply horrible stuff.  Take the John Denver Christmas Classic "Please Daddy, Don't Get Drunk this Christmas".  Are you fracking kidding me?!?!?!?!



Yea, it's songs like the above that will drive someone to drink or even take their own life.  I rarely revel or celebrate in the death of someone else but when John Denver died you have to wonder if someone wasn't trying on purpose to put a stop to this madness!!!

Speaking of bad holiday songs, if I have to listen to the Wham "classic" Last Christmas one more time I'm going to officially claim I never lived in the 80s.  Seriously dudes!!  Watch the fracking video to see what I'm talking about!!



All this song does is remind me of those girls in high school that played those head games.  One minute they are into you and the next they are with some other guy and then a minute after that they are back into you again.  Yea, let's celebrate that in a Christmas song!!!

And what about those stupid dogs barking to the tune of Jingle Bells.  All that song makes me want to do is abuse animals.  Yet the radio station plays it year after year after year.  I think they should use this one in Guantanamo Bay.  I usually love Doctor Dimento but he crossed the line with this one!



Even Bob Geldof admits now that he hates his own Christmas song, "Do They Know It's Christmas."  When the writer of a song that is way overplayed during the holidays hates it, maybe it's time to stop playing it.  Geldof Hates His Own Christmas Song .  Special thanks to Joel Catherder Waldron for sharing that article with me.  Makes me hate Geldof a little less this holiday season!

So thank you recording community for prostituting yourselves for the sake of making a quick buck every holiday season by creating and selling this crapolla!  May you all be punished by getting stuck and in an elevator for 10 hours and forced to listen to your own song on a continuous loop over and over and over again!

No comments: